Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Lazarus, The Prodigal Son, and Me.....


"They're baaaaaaack!!"
(Carol Ann, Poltergeist II, 1986)


Okay, we're somewhere between the Jewish new year and the secular one (and a few months past the Chinese one for that matter), but it's a new year and a new start for me and my new old friend, the blogosphere.

This is going to be a new concept for me, because the focus of this blog will now shift, radically. From the random political and social ramblings of the egocentric, to the lessons I am attempting to learn daily.

Not to worry, this is not going to be a "Daily Affirmations" page, nor "Life Lessons in Pastoral Harmony". Simply put: I am involved now in several huge, life-altering projects, and I am very recently aware of the mindboggling amount of pure information I need to process. This blog will track these projects, and hopefully collate some of this info to help me absorb it, as well as allow for feedback from those people who wish to follow the bouncing ball with me. And thanks, Danny, for showing an interest in the various and sundry projects.

The aforementioned projects include:
  • Resurrecting my mostly dormant nonprofit Grantwriting business (ETA: immediately)
  • A nonprofit Theatre (ETA: 2-3 yr plan for opening)
  • A Bed & Breakfast (B&B) to co-reside with the Theatre (same ETA, if the right property is found)
  • A working Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) mini-farm, to co-reside with the B&B
I will attempt to write on this almost daily, and hopefully post a couple of times a week or better, as progress (or lack thereof) occurs.

Today, it's off to the library for a couple more research books on the nonprofit regs, before finding out how much of it we're going to need to need to go a lawyer with. The business plan for the Theatre is done (and overdone, on double digit revisions), and we're working on the B&B one next.

Tomorrow, we'll look at what we have, and what's next for each project.